This build was on my to-do list for almost 3 years. I also thought about buying one of synology 4-bay NAS units recently but decided against it. This freeNAS build has more room for future upgrades. Also the main reason is i just wanted to build a PC, missed it for so long.
Thanks a lot to folks at techenclave for helping me to finalize the build.
Initially i had lot of problems with transmission (bit torrent client). Other than that freeNAS installation was very easy. You can check my bookmarks related to freeNAS. I have setup three 2 TB drives in RAIDZ configuration. freeNAS is installed on to a 8GB USB stick.
- CPU: Intel G2010
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
- RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB - 1600 Mhz
- HDD: Western Digital AV-GP 2TB x 3 (WD20EURS)
- Case: Cooler Master USP 100
- PSU: Seasonic S12II 430W
- USB: Sandisk Cruzer 8GB
- Switch: TP-Link TL-SG1005D